We take the safety of our staff and students very seriously and acknowledge that safety is a heightened concern during this time. We decided to pause all operations on March 17th, 2020 in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Administration has been closely monitoring the decision and working hard to update our policies, and have made the decision to resume in-person classes.
In April, many of our classes were moved online with the same dedication as always to give our students professional, competitive, and fun training. While online-only classes are still available, Vancouver Young Actors School is excited to offer full-time in-person classes starting Saturday June 6th. We are working hard to continue to follow directions from WorkSafe BC, the BC CDC, and updates from provincial and federal health administrators.
Vancouver Young Actors School is housed at GO Studios, an industry hub in Vancouver. During this time, everyone in the building will be held to the same standards. Please visit the websites for GO Studios and Vancouver Acting School for guidelines and policies set specifically for different activities within the building.
Below is our action plan that we have created to ensure safety without disrupting or compromising the quality of our classes at Vancouver Young Actors School.
- Entry will be denied to anyone who is experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms as outlined on the BC CDC website.
- Hand washing/sanitation is mandatory upon entering the building. A sanitation station has been set up at our main entrance to ensure everyone has access to sanitation materials.
- Clear signs and notices are placed throughout the building stating these policies, as well as guidelines on hand washing.
- Sanitation materials have been placed in each classroom for use on chairs and equipment.
- Sanitation and cleaning schedules have been increased throughout the day.
- Directional arrows have been implemented to reduce congestion in the hallways.
- Many high traffic doors will be kept ajar to avoid contact with door handles.
- Each classroom has a maximum occupancy limit that reflects the number of people that can safely physically distance within the space.
- Sufficient physical distancing is clearly labelled to allow students to be able to remove their masks/face coverings when on camera.